06 June 2007

Socks for Dad

I actually finished these socks with plenty of time to spare since they are for my Dad for Father's Day.
Pattern: Lichen Ribbed socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: size 0 DPNs
Mods: I got gauge with size 0, but had to increase the CO to 68 stitches since the pattern is written for women's size 8-9. Therefore I had to change the toe to a wide toe since the Star Toe was for 60 stitches only.
Thoughts: Loved the yarn! I find its striping more subtle than other striping sock yarns. I think my dad will be pleased with the manly ribbing pattern. The Welsh heel was interesting to knit. Not my favorite, but it's cool. I was pleased to try something new.

the Welsh heel

the wide toe

Now that the socks are out of the way, it's time to return to the throw. I'm at the stage now where it takes over 2 hours to complete a 4 row pattern repeat. Time to rent some DVDs and get cracking! The wedding is July 25th.

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks for Dad!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Your socks are gorgeous! I've been looking for a 'subtle' self-striping sock yarn and am wondering what colorway you used?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home