05 June 2007

A non-knitting rant

It's apartment hunting time again. My life seems to revolve around desperately pressing the reload button on my browser window to see if Craig's List has updated. I hate this. The rental market is insane right now. I've been attending open houses for apartments and having interviews with potential landlords. Does this seem crazy to anyone else? These are apartments! In the past, my apartment searches have consisted of checking ads, seeing many duds, seeing the perfect place, filling out a form, writing out a check, and moving in. Sure, there have been credit checks, etc, but now I'm in fierce competition with other apartment seekers, trying to stand out as exceptional in a field of would-be tenants. In this landlord's market, all the gems are being snatched up and I'm left considering things like this one:
$1012 / 2br - Great Aparmtenr with gym-poo-free cable-free internet

First of all, would it kill you to proofread your ad??? But a poo-free gym you say? I admit, I have standards about my gyms and being poo-free is one of them. I think I'll take it.

Come back tomorrow -- I may have a finished pair of socks to write about. That is, if I'm not ingratiating myself to landlords.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger June said...

Apartment hunting is weird in that part of the country. But whatever you do, make sure you get a place with insulation in the walls and roof. I'm just sayin'. :) Good luck!

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right! Aren't we the customers? Shouldn't landlords be trying to sell their apartments to us? But that's not the way it works around here, we have to sell ourselves to them. For the privelege of living in a massively overpriced little space. Ooh, I get so worked up when I have to apartment hunt.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god it's poo-free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home