26 March 2007

Creative interpretations

I started the throw this weekend. To start it, the pattern said to knit a 20x10 rectangle in stockinette and then pick up stitches around the 3 non-live sides and start knitting in the round. Aha! I thought to myself, wouldn't it make more sense and be prettier if I did a provisional caston and would therefore have 2 live sides of the rectangle to start with?

The answer is yes.
I am proud of realizing that. I am less proud of the fact that missed something else in the pattern. While it is not really problematic, it is less aesthetically pleasing. Can you see it?











Yes, mine has no decorative holes radiating out from the center to the corners. I automatically started twisting the made stitches so as not to make holes without thinking about it. Then I looked at the picture and wondered why mine wasn't making holes. Oh yeah. Right. I'm too committed to the throw to start over now (I cut the yarn umbilici already). This is why I shouldn't watch tv and knit at the same time.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

"umbilici"

I like it.

The colors are great, and holes are overrated!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Siobhlogger said...

Good for you! Don't look back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home