24 January 2007

Hello from my sick bed

Hah! As if I could have that luxury. I made the terrible mistake of taking Owen to the family center in town two weeks ago. He had a blast and managed to pick up some nasty flu bug. My baby was so feverish and sick, it just broke my heart. Finally last Friday his fever broke and that's when I started feeling sick myself. Then on Sunday, after bringing me to the Urgent Care (asthma complications), Dave gets it. If you happen to be in the neighborhood and want to drop by: DON'T! Save yourselves. If you see us walking down the street: RUN!
And damn it, I want my $60 back from those flu shots we got last November.

There has been some knitting.

This is the first of a pair of Endpaper Mitts I started a couple of weeks ago, before I got sick. There hasn't been too much progress. Either I'm not feeling well enough, or someone else isn't.
Hmph. Just looked at the original again. It seems the ribbing part ought to be in the main color, not the background color of the colorwork. Oh well. I like the way mine looks anyway.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I hope you all feel better soon. The mitts look great. I think I like your way of doing the cuff better than the original.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Siobhlogger said...

oh, i hope that you all are feeling better soon! The mitts are lovely! Can't wait to see the finished product, and hopefully it will warm up a bit so you can wear them without worrying that your fingers might fall off.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Jes said...

Oh I hope you feel better! The lot of you. Nothing worse than being sick and then getting it back again later!
The mits look great, I love the blue color combo =)

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, not asthma complications! Gah, I hope you're feeling better and have made good friends with your nebulizer. Stay well!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home