28 December 2006

Warm feet

My husband David and sister Nicole were the recipients of handknit socks this year. I had already blogged about David's socks earlier, once I had finished my first short row heel, but here are the finished pair. I finished them about a week before Christmas, so plenty of time!



Pattern: I made these toe-up with the Figure-Eight Cast On and then followed Wendy's directions for short row heels. For the rest, I just did a manly 3x1 rib.
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Tweed in Flint
Needles: size 1
Thoughts: The yarn is nice and soft, but the tweedy bits bothered me because they were so "loose". It looked better after a wash.


Nicole's socks were the first Christmas present I started back in August.


Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina
Yarn: Regia 4 Ply (I think -- I can't find the label)
Needles: size 1
Thoughts: Jaywalker is a great pattern. I had fun knitting it.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger June said...

Very nice socks. Tell Dave that I think he has manly feet. :)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jes said...

Oooo I love both socks. That pink/red is great!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Siobhlogger said...

nice socks! love the ones for Dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home