12 January 2007

Hoodie Pullover


Pattern: I followed the design of the "not your standard-issue sweatshirt" from Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits, but knit it seamlessly in the round, which included following Elizabeth Zimmermann's instructions for "Set-in" Sleeve Seamless Sweater with V-neck (Spun Out #21) though I choose to go back and forth once I got to the V-neck rather than keep it in the round and steek later
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: 8 (the gauge worked out so I could follow the large pattern sizes but was the same dimensions for the small size, which was perfect for me)
Thoughts: I am so pleased with how the hoodie came out. I made the I-cord too long, but haven't gotten around to doing surgery on it yet.


Here are some design elements of which I am particularly proud:

Weaving the sides of the hood together so that it would also be seamless. The seed stitch border was a bitch, but I'm glad I realized right away that I would need to make both ends match so when I wove them, the seed stitch would look correct.
The seamless set-in sleeves.

The short rows across the back of the neck to insure that the sweater would lie properly.

5 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock! The fit is great, and it sounds like you learned a lot with the project.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it Jen! Great job!!!!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hoodie looks great! As does your new haircut!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jes said...

Totally cute! I love that color green. =)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Lovely! I am very impressed with your in-the-round modifications.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home