13 May 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom was up visiting a few weeks ago and of course we went to Webs. I told her to pick out some sock yarn and I would make her a pair of socks for Mother's Day. She chose Mega Boots Stretch Softcolor yarn and I set to work. I wanted a fairly easy pattern so I could finish them quickly. I did and they were sent off on Wednesday. I spoke to my mom this morning. She loves them and they fit. Yay!

Yarn: Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch Softcolor
Pattern: my own using the figure 8 cast on toe up start, Wendy's short row heel, and the April 29th pattern from the 365 Knitting Patterns a Day calendar (Vandyke Lace panel 2).
Needles: size 2

Thoughts: I love the figure 8 cast on! I'm never completely satisfied with top down socks because my toe grafts always look a bit too squared at the ends of the graft. Not a problem with the figure 8 cast on. This was my second short row heel now. I'm becoming a fan. The yarn okay, but I don't think I'd get it again. There are nicer ones out there. I do like the color my mom picked out though. It will look very nice with jeans. Now for some socks for my dad. I'm all about giving wrong season gifts this year.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I love my socks! Although they are a tad warm these days, I know I will be enjoying them this fall. (I did notice from the photos that they appear to be second-hand or is it foot?)Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day gift!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Nice pattern! I have to try knitting socks again after my latest disaster. Back on the horse so to speak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home