16 April 2007

Aran update

It's been a while since I've discussed the aran. I'm still working away at it, although there are now lots of other projects that have been distracting me.
I've finished 5.5 pattern repeats. I had calculated that I needed to do 10 repeats, but after putting it up to one of Dave's favorite sweaters, I think I'll only need 8 or 9. Hmmm, better go check those calculations again...
And for those of you who have been burning to know whether I converted to being a chart-reader or stubbornly stuck to my written out pattern, well, I am now reading off of the chart. I don't feel it is entirely accurate to say I am a chart reader now since my switch to the chart coincided with my near-memorization of the pattern. I only glance at the chart now from time to time for reassurance. I will definitely chart out my next complicated cable design to see how quickly I can read and memorize off a chart for real.

4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger June said...

This may be a good time to put the piece on waste yarn and do a trial block - wash and let dry to see if the garment stretches.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jes said...

Ooo it looks great. Cables look so lovely in white.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Very impressive - so it is possible to memorize such a complex pattern? I think I drank too much in high school.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous! i love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home