11 September 2006

Works in Progess

I've been knitting and knitting and knitting, but somehow I have nothing finished to show for it. If you're interested in what I've been up to, read on.

First, I have been making progress on my backburner project thanks to two weekends of road trips. Remember that blue yarn my mom got for me at Rhinebeck last year that I've been making into a scarf for myself? Well, it's been a while but here's what it looks like now.
Bad kitty! Get off!
Okay, there it is. I think I have about 25 inches or so to go. I really like how it is turning out. I'd like to get it done before the Rhinebeck S&W this year so I can say I used up all the yarn I got there last year and therefore need more (not that I wouldn't buy more yarn anyway, but I just feel better about myself this way).

Then there is the picovoli (sans picot edging) I started with the yarn my friend Bia gave me last time she visited.
I had gotten off to a good start on this when it was time to change from the 16 inch circs to the 24 inch circs. Oops, all I had were 31 inch in the size I needed. I know I could have just run over to Webs and bought what I needed, but that seemed like a waste since I have a set of Denise Interchangeable Needles. Unfortunately, one of my size five needles snapped at the end when I was picking up and knitting the very long collar for the baby wrap sweater I made for LL Bestitched (it was worth it though). Happily I noticed that Denise has a lifetime guarantee and, after following the instructions on their webpage, I received my replacement within a week. Back in business!

And then there has been some secret knitting. Click here for a hint of the closely guarded secret if you are NOT related to me. I'm afraid it won't be revealed until December though.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's not a bad kitty... S/he's just showing some good kitty love for knitted goods. :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry LL's sweater meant the end of your needles, but she loves it!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

If you are going to a yarn fest, it is practically illegal to not bulk up your stash. When is this event? I might be able to get some of my local knitting ladies to take a road trip...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home