07 July 2006

Stash therapy

What a week of knitting frustration. First I discovered that the Tosca yarn was self striping and completely wrong for the hooded pullover I wanted to make. Then the socks I started and restarted and restarted yet again were still not right. Then my mom calls and tells me that the capelet I helped her cast on for last week when she was visiting was way too big (a case of gauge changing between swatch and actual project). Yikes. Plus I need to get new DPNs in a new size before I can try the socks again and I need another skein of Encore chunky before I can make the baby sweater for Owen and both my LYSes are either out or do not carry what I need. Bah.

Needless to say, I was not feeling kindly towards knitting last night, but then I turned to my stash for help. Surely I had something in there that could make me feel better and get me out of the knitting rut I was in.

Opening up the stash chest, something immediately caught my eye! Remember this from last Christmas?

Hooray for the lovely handspun Two Sheep yarn my sister got for me!
A skein of it quickly turned into this:



Not bad for a first mitten (the color is a bit off in the picture -- will take a better one in good light next time). Now to make its mate!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a first mitten?! Looks wonderful. And June's yarn is beautiful too.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice mitten from June's yarn :) Hopefully this will change your knitting mojo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home