14 June 2006

It fits!

Dave arrived home today and was very tired.

But he roused himself up enough to take a couple shots of me modeling the sweater.



In general, I'm happy with how it came out. I'm really glad that I added the waist shaping. In retrospect, I think I could have gone in another inch or so and maybe a size smaller to make it more form fitting. But I think the looser fit works too. I loved knitting the neck line and I'm very pleased with how it looks. It is a high neckline though and I'm wondering how it would work with a deeper V... This was my first pullover (for myself) so I'm really happy that it fits at all.

As for the Saucy Sport yarn, I liked it okay, but not enough that I'd run out and buy more. As it is a cabled cotton, it was a stiffer yarn and sometimes it was hard to maintain a consistent tension. I did find it to be somewhat unforgiving to the lapses in tension, but soaking it and putting it through the spin cycle on my washer sorted most of that out (but it still looks better from further away I think). It also is a heavy yarn, so you'd probably have to make adjustments if you made the sweater with a lighter, drapier yarn.

6 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Lovely! Great color and pretty neck detail. Congrats on your first pullover!

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great, Jen! It's always nice when a sweater turns out as you want it to!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the looser fit works very well, it looks great on you!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I really like the neck details. It looks great!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful neckline! I hope you'll enjoy wearing it!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Jes said...

It looks really great! Nice work. Great color for you too. =)

Thanks for the info on the yarn. I think I'll stick with Shine then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home