24 May 2006

Roses and toeses

One of the fun things about living in a new place is that you have no idea what will be growing in the garden. This May I was definitely missing the Lily of the Valley along the walkway of my last apartment. However, I've been excited by what has been growing at our new apartment. It has a large lilac bush in the back yard, which was lovely for the past couple of weeks. My mom was up last weekend and pointed out some new plants that I was unfamiliar with. These are Rugosa roses that just started blooming today. I wish I could include the scent with the pictures. It is intoxicating.







Also, a little past peak, but still blooming is the Dutchman's Trousers. Being part Dutch myself, I get a kick out of thinking of my ancestors wearing trousers like these.


The other big event of the week is that Owen discovered his feet. So cute! Having taken a few yoga classes, I instantly recognized the "happy baby" pose.


Finally, work on the secret project nears completion. Here is a slightly blurry hint.


1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to bite his feet! Hopefully our little fatties can meet up soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home