13 April 2006

Still here, still knitting



Gah! It's been a while. My sweet little boy doesn't like to nap during the day so my progress has been limited. He has been going to bed at 9:30 though and sleeping straight until 7:30 am so I can't really complain. Unfortunately, knitting doesn't always get the priority when I have free time from 9:30 until my bedtime. Hmm, better get my priorities straight (if I ever want to finish the sweater, that is)!

I did make it past the waist shaping, which turned out well. Too bad that is still the sweater back though. I'm only a few inches away from armhole shaping. I think I might do a sleeve next to mix it up a bit. The pattern has instructions for both a full length and a 3/4 length sleeve. I'm thinking I might do the 3/4 length because it is a spring sweater and because it will be less knitting time.

In other news, my mom and I were at the LYS this morning when I saw a notice that the Yarn Harlot is coming for a talk/book signing next weekend. I quickly signed up for it. Yay! I was sorry when I missed Stephanie when she came to Boston last year.
I also picked up some Cascade 220 (0n sale) for some projects I may or may not get to in this lifetime.

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Well, now that you've posted again, I guess I will have to post again soon. Which means I better start working on something. I love that picture of you and Owen. Adorable.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous June said...

Hey there! Nice photo - but something about the way you have that eyebrow lifted, you look like you're going to take a bite out of him! :D

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Bia said...

Looking good on the shaping. Can't wait to see it on. I was so bummed I couldn't come over to see the Yarn Harlot at Webs with you, but now she is coming to Porter Square on Thursday. So now we both get to see her, just not at the same time.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous diana said...

My god, don't bite that poor child! And, what??? The Harlot's coming to Northampton. Have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home