13 April 2006

Still here, still knitting



Gah! It's been a while. My sweet little boy doesn't like to nap during the day so my progress has been limited. He has been going to bed at 9:30 though and sleeping straight until 7:30 am so I can't really complain. Unfortunately, knitting doesn't always get the priority when I have free time from 9:30 until my bedtime. Hmm, better get my priorities straight (if I ever want to finish the sweater, that is)!

I did make it past the waist shaping, which turned out well. Too bad that is still the sweater back though. I'm only a few inches away from armhole shaping. I think I might do a sleeve next to mix it up a bit. The pattern has instructions for both a full length and a 3/4 length sleeve. I'm thinking I might do the 3/4 length because it is a spring sweater and because it will be less knitting time.

In other news, my mom and I were at the LYS this morning when I saw a notice that the Yarn Harlot is coming for a talk/book signing next weekend. I quickly signed up for it. Yay! I was sorry when I missed Stephanie when she came to Boston last year.
I also picked up some Cascade 220 (0n sale) for some projects I may or may not get to in this lifetime.

3 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Nicole Sharkey said...

Well, now that you've posted again, I guess I will have to post again soon. Which means I better start working on something. I love that picture of you and Owen. Adorable.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Nice photo - but something about the way you have that eyebrow lifted, you look like you're going to take a bite out of him! :D

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, don't bite that poor child! And, what??? The Harlot's coming to Northampton. Have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home