09 February 2006

hat progress


This is the promised close up of the beautiful blue yarn in the sun. Sigh. So pretty. It reminds me of Caribbean waters, which is where I'd love to be right now.

I ought to have an finished hat to show you by now, but it was not to be. I got this far before I realized that I wasn't making a hat, but rather a maternity sweater and since I'm not pregnant any more, I had to rip.

I consulted with Grumperina and she explained that even though we have similar-sized large heads, we really should knit hats that are about 17 inches in circumference as they will stretch nicely to fit snugly.

Anyway, I took it as a sign from the knitting gods that I was meant to make an Odessa instead. I'm making it without beads though since they wouldn't show up very well against the multi-colored yarn. It is knitting up quickly and this is how far I've gotten. With any luck I'll be able to finish it by the end of the weekend.


Oh, and I may as well throw in this picture of Owen wearing the booties that I knit him (the cats are still very suspicious of him).

5 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of Owen and the cat is priceless!

And I like the way the Odessa hat is looking in the variegated yarn.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Emily said...

The hat looks great so far.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Owen and the cat together! The hat looks great so far, too.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen regarding Cat: Hmmm, tasty.

Cat regarding Owen: Hmm, tasty.

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Owen looks like he is contemplating some action against the cat! Love his little booties and I love the beadless Odessa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home