29 December 2005

Christmas haul


Even though most of the presents under the tree seemed to be for Owen this year, I did get a few gifts myself once my family arrived a couple of days after Christmas.
These skeins are from the Christmas shopping my mom did at the Rheinbeck Sheep and Wool. The blue yarn is from Cloverleaf Farms intended for a hat/scarf set. The green is some kid mohair that came with a pattern for a lacy scarf.

The real surprise yarn gift came from my sister who did her shopping at Two Sheep. Yes, I was the lucky recipient of 4 skeins of June's handspun "Jennifer" yarn!!!! I'm thinking maybe a pair of mittens for myself with this beautiful yarn?
Owen also made out well with knitted gifts. His doting grandmother, who only learned to knit last April, made him a beautiful blanket. Aunt Nicole knit him a teddy bear. He also got this adorable hat, bootie, and blanket set from a coworker of my mom's.


3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like the yarn! Wasn't it a surprise? Nicole and I had been conspiring since November.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wondeful gifts. I keep trying to teach my mother and sisters to knit so they'll buy better presents! No luck yet though.

And that baby gets cuter by the day!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts for you and Owen! Hope you enjoyed your holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home