21 November 2005

Half way there!


Sock 1 is finished! I think it looks nice and the sock is very warm and cozy. Definitely inspiration to start the second sock, though I haven't yet.

So far I have to say that I like doing toe-up socks better. It is less stressful because you aren't in danger of making the foot too long or short because you can easily try it on. With this pattern, I did the appropriate numbers of decreases for the toe and it turned out to be a bit too short and I had to do a few extra rows. I was worried that it might look strange, but it was fine, which is good because I didn't want to frog back. I was thinking to myself what a good idea it would have been to add a lifeline before I started the decreases. Oh well.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I agree - I prefer toe-up patterns, too.

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look great! What nice, neat toe decreases too.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I think that toe-up patterns are better, too. Especially if you think you might run out of yarn. Your sock looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home