22 October 2005

Knitting gone too far

As the sweater for Dave lies blocking, I begin to ponder my next project. Inspiration came from my mom after she told me of a pattern she saw in her local paper. If you have long been wondering what you get when you cross a sweater with a poncho, the answer is now revealed:
That's right: it's a "swancho". I do believe this falls under the category of just because it can be done, doesn't mean that it should. Now, what if I decide to make one for Dave? We already know that a man's poncho is called a mancho. So what do we call a man's sweater-poncho? A swamancho? I think I may be on to something...

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous diana said...

If you are making that for a man, the word is "loser."

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger cafuria said...

But, Jen, you forgot to mention that in the article it said that you could also wear it around your waist and that it is also one of the most figure flattering knits you can own. On what planet?
mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home