11 October 2005

Sweater fronts and knitting dogs


So I saw the new Wallace and Gromit movie over the weekend. It did not disappoint. My only complaint is the obsession with cheese. I just can't understand it. I know people think I'm weird, but I find cheese so repulsive and disgusting. I have ever since I was a baby. But back to the movie, you definitely should go see it! There is even some knitting in it!

Aside from seeing the movie, this weekend I was obsessed with the sweater for David. I worked on it almost non-stop and the result is that I finished the front.
I'm really enjoying working with the Sugarloaf yarn. It is so soft to touch and fairly easy to knit with (it's not very tightly spun, so there is some danger of separating strands if you're not careful). Also, I'm not certain how apparent it is from the photo, but it has such a lovely sheen to it. Now just for the second sleeve (which I've started) and then the seaming and neckline to finish. The end is in sight!

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally saw the movie last night. It wasn't the best of the W&G movies, but it was still a lot of fun.

Did you hear the awful news - the warehouse where all of the Aardman stuff was stored burned down on Monday. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/10/aardman.fire/index.html)

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater for Dave is looking great! I wonder how the baby will feel about cheese :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home