24 September 2005

Frogging is not an option

I need some help! Gah! I was just knitting the baby blanket and I saw what I thought was a pull. Throwing my cats a dirty glance, I gave it a gentle tug so the feather and fan pattern would stretch back into place. But it wasn't a pull! It's worse. It's like a dropped stitch, but wouldn't it be facing the other way if it were? I haven't been short any stitches for the pattern. The rest of the blanket looks perfect. Where did this come from? This mistake was made during the second repeat of the pattern of the green section -- somewhere in the yarn overs for the third and fourth holes.


What should I do? I really can't face the idea of frogging. This is the first time I've encounted something like this and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. I don't want to make it worse. I need a skilled yarn surgeon or something. Do I sew it down? Do I cut and secure it? Right now I'm holding it in place with a safety pin so it won't unravel. I'm not sure if it would though. It seems so isolated. I'm confused. Wretched thing!

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to see what happened in the photo, but do you know you can ladder down only that section from the top (like a giant rung of ladders) and then knit it back up? If you'd rather not do that either, then use a separate length of yarn, weave in one end, catch the loop, weave in the other end.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with June. Either ladder down and fix it or weave it in.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I would go with the "weave it in" option. No one will ever notice it, and while you could ladder down the the problem, it is also possible that you could make matters worse by doing that. You could also try to work the loop over to one of the edges and weave it in there. That might be even less noticable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home