30 January 2006

Quickie project


One of my husband's professors very sweetly sent us a baby gift. He and his wife also had a baby boy in December. We thought it would be nice to reciprocate with a knit gift. I originally thought of knitting a sweater for the baby, but then I thought "who am I kidding?". Instead I used some of the left over blue cable cotton yarn I used to make the baby cardigan to make a baby hat. I did get a skein of light blue just to make it more interesting, but otherwise I kept it extremely simple. The hat is blocking now and will be all ready for tomorrow when classes start.


I've only made a little bit of progress on the blue hat made from the Christmas yarn. The light is crappy here today, but I took a picture anyway so you can get an idea of how beautiful this yarn looks as it is knit up. I promise to have better pictures later.

It's not just my baby who is making progress slow; there are also some other babies on the way for whom secret projects are being knit....

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little hat is very cute! And I love the blue Christmas yarn. It's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home