05 January 2006

Squirrel!

Ooh, ooh, ooh! My husband just went to get the mail and came running back in holding a package. We both held our breath in eager anticipation as I tore the packaging open to reveal:

Diana did not disappoint! She made Owen the cutest little squirrel sweater! The sweater is gorgeous and Diana did an incredible job with the intarsia. And, damn, she knit this up very quickly. I know she didn't start it until after Owen was born and he is 3 weeks old today.
Owen can't wait to wear it (he has to grow a bit more first).

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you got it! I'm so glad you like it :)

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is SO cute.... but dare I say, the baby is cuter :).

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! The squirrel looks very hip! Like he's saying, "Yo."

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Tallguy said...

Just wanted to say that your comment on Grumperina's site is most likely correct: that wear depends more on number of plies than on content. I feel also that the reinforcing threads will cut through the softer fibres. The microfibre is a synthetic. I do know that a tighly twisted 5-ply is better than a tight 2-ply, for several reasons. Another project for me to work on! Like I needed another ----

 

Post a Comment

<< Home