20 March 2006

One secret revealed...

Thanks for all the advice about the sweater. I will take it into consideration when I start it, which will hopefully be soon. So far I knit a gauge swatch.

This past weekend I was in NJ visiting family and seeing friends. I can now reveal one of my secret projects because I gave my friend Tracey a hat and booties set for her baby at the shower we held for her.
I used KnitPicks Shine Orchid and Cream. The booties are based on a pattern by Debbie Bliss, but I modified them a bit in order to make them smaller so they would fit a newborn. For the hat, I made a picot hemmed edge, which I think is very cute for a baby girl's hat. I really like the Shine yarn. It works well for baby projects because it is machine washable and soft.

During the long car ride, I was able to make some progress on the scarf.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picot-edged hat! You're right, it really is perfect for a girl.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at those super sweet wee booties! What a great gift! And I'm loving your scarf. Thankfully, it's still bone-ass cold in New England. You can wear that scarf clear into June.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home