22 May 2006

Spoiled again

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat, a fuzzy head, and the sad realization that as a mother, I can no longer afford the luxury of being sick. At least not in the stay in bed all day way.

But then I remembered this and felt a bit better.

My mom and sister were in town for the weekend. It was purely coincidental that it was also the weekend of Webs' tent sale (at least I think it was). I had resolved to ignore the reminder emails and snail mail cards reminding me weekly of the upcoming event for the following reasons:
1. Although I may want, I do not need more yarn at this time.
2. I am not working and Dave is a grad student.
3. I have plenty of projects to work on and little time to knit these days.

But I forgot that:
1. My mom and sister are knitters (I taught both of them).
2. They love going to Webs.
3. My mom was in a mood to spoil her daughters.

So the next thing I knew, we were at Webs drooling over yarn at such great deals. My sister was actually the first to spot the Tosca yarn in its lovely denim blue hues. For a long time I've been wanting to make the hooded pullover in the "Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits", but it requires lots of yarn. Two bags of 10 skeins each at easily fit the bill. And it was only $30 a bag. That's right, I'm going to knit a hooded sweater with yarn priced at $3 a skein purchased by my wonderful mother (thanks, Mom!).

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

I love my yarn girls hoodie! I made it with Cascade 220 - also from Webs. That place is good for the discounting. Can't wait to see your progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home