07 June 2006

Almost exciting

As soon as I finished the baby wrap sweater, it was time to get going again on the lace v-neck sweater. I'm excited to report that after hours and hours of non-stop stockinette, we are fast approaching the lace v-neck!! I even thoughtfully took careful notes on how to do the waist shaping so I could duplicate it for the front of the sweater.

Stay tuned for more exciting photos in the near future.

I also have been slowly reading through the Yarn Harlot's latest book in order to prolong the enjoyment of it (and the fact that I don't get much reading time these days either). Last night I got to the section on the gauge swatch and was immediately inspired to take a quick break from the sweater and swatch the Encore bulky (baby sweater) and the Lang Tosca (pullover hoodie), which are the next projects to be started. This way once I finish the lace v-neck, I can start in on those projects right away without having to swatch first. The Yarn Harlot's book came in useful again when the Tosca yarn called for size 7 needles in order to get 12 stitches over 4 inches. Impossible! But wait! Turn to page 56 of Knitting Rules and it all becomes clear. It must be European sizing (which makes sense since the yarn is made in Italy for a Swiss company). Heh, and there is no US equivalent to Metric size 7. 10.5 is closest, but size 10 got me the gauge I need.

Well, since there aren't any exciting photos for this blog entry, I'll leave you with some pretty photos of irises I took over Memorial Day Weekend while I was in NJ. These are from the Presby Memorial Iris Garden in Montclair, NJ. We've been going there since I was quite young. There are beds and beds of irises with all sorts of variety and color. Truly spectacular!













1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the lace v-neck. And you picked a great color! Great shots of the iris garden. We'll definitely need to check that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home