26 June 2006

This calls for some champagne

Oh my goodness! Do you know what today is? It's my blogaversary! One year of blogging. Despite the fact that I wish I blogged more often, knit faster, knit more, and had more interesting things to say, I've actually had lots of fun keeping a knitting blog. I just hope I haven't bored anyone to tears. At least I can make up for it with cute baby pictures, right?

I actually do have a finished project to show off tonight. It's the Knitting for Two baby sweater made with Encore Bulky.

It was a very quick knit. I actually finished the knitting part a few days ago but finally seamed it this evening. All it needs now are a couple of buttons. My parents arrive tomorrow so that of course means mom and I will make a trip to Webs. I'll pick up some buttons there. If you can't tell from the picture, the buttons go at the (baby's) left shoulder so that the neck opens enough to squeeze big baby heads through. Even though the sweater is for another baby (yet to be born) I do want Owen to try it on for sizing as I want to make one for him that will fit him next winter. He's asleep now and you never ever ever wake a sleeping baby, even to try on cute hand knit sweater, so we must all be patient.

I'll just leave you with a gratuitous spinach-eating shot.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sweater! And look at the little guy eating his spinach! His diet is really evolving these days.

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary! I've loved reading your blog, I hop you keep it up.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Owen's a regular Popeye!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jes said...

Happy Blogversary!

The sweater looks great! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home