07 August 2006

Getting sick of owls

There they are: 6 owl washcloths all set and ready to keep babies both here and expected clean.

I did do a seventh one as well for Owen. He tried it out last night. The color difference is not a wet/dry thing, but rather a ran out of the blue so had to finish with periwinkle thing. Now, I did weigh a finished washcloth and it was 14 grams. I weighed how much of each color I had left and I had the most of the blue at 15 grams. Just enough for one more washcloth, thought I. Not so. I guess it is just one of those mysteries of knitting.

I have been knitting other things too. There is a completed back for the Nothing but a T-shirt. Maybe I'll have an finished t-shirt soon!

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dyes are odd things - same yardage of 2 different colors of the same yarn can have different weights.

Cute baby!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Nice pattern, but I hear you about repetition; I've started a mitered square blanket. Look at your little guy in his tub, modestly swathed with the cloth!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you covered up O's private parts with the washcloth! Even he wants you to move on to a new project :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! that picture of him in the bath is too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home