14 July 2006

What a hoot!

I recently got an invitation to yet another baby shower (this is definitely the year of the baby) for some college friends. The theme is "time of day", as in each guest is told a time of day to buy presents for. I got bath time. Having seen the cool warshrags Bestitched and Dearest Cupcake recently made, I started searching the internet for some washcloth patterns. That's when I found the owl pattern. Perfect. As I said, these are college friends and we all went to Bryn Mawr, where the owl is the symbol of the college.
And here's a closeup of the owl. It's amazing what 3 rows of simple cables can make.
I ended up using the left over Reynolds Saucy Sport I had from my lace v-neck sweater. It worked fine. The pattern calls for size 8 needles and 100% cotton yarn. The Saucy Sport is 100% cotton. I used size 5 needles as it was sport weight. The pattern never said what the finished dimensions were supposed to be. I got a 5.5 inch square, which is perfect for a baby's washcloth. Now to make some more!

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! What a super cute little warshrag!

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's so cute! What a great idea!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Viva warshrags!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home