21 August 2006

T time

Here's the finished T shirt!

Pattern: Nothin' but a T shirt
Yarn: Tatamy tweed in loganberry (the leftovers from the baby wrap for LL)
Mods: Ugh. Got stitch gauge with size 6 needles, but didn't get row gauge. Didn't notice right away either. Sigh.

Thoughts: Kinda makes my shoulders look very broad. Maybe if I had used a contrast color for the neck and arm hems as
the pattern recommends it would be better, but I was using up yarn here and didn't want to get another skein. Definitely should not wear with a white bra. Unfortunately, that's all I can wear at the moment (ah, the joys of nursing bras). This was the least risque photo.
I don't think I would recommend doing this project with the Tatamy yarn. There is a heaviness to it that doesn't quite work as a T shirt.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, you are so slender! You look fantastic!

About the shoulder thing - I think part of that is because of the sleeves. Is this the row gauge issue? Hard to say from the photo, but it looks like you had more fabric on the sleeve than you did from the armscye, and the sleeve belled out in protest. I can see where your arm comes out of the sleeve vs the edge of the sleeve, and it's a big difference.

You might consider (if you are like me and lose sleep over stupid knitting problems) reshaping the sleeves to match the row gauge you are getting. If you have a sewing machine, you could just take a scissor to it, too.

I like it as a single color and think the body part looks fine - nice fabric drape, and the fit looks good.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, the color and fit look great on you. If you want, you could reknit the sleeves, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Nicole Sharkey said...

I think you are showing off your magnificent, mega, milk-filled breasts intentionally! Can I say breasts here? Would be funny if this post were flagged as smut.
Anyway, you DO look terrific. The shirt is quite an accomplishment. Bravo. Are you sure you aren't pulling an Anne of Green Gables with those puffy sleeves?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home