16 August 2006

Babies and eBay

This past weekend the Longwool family were traveling in NY/NJ/RI visiting friends and family.
The first stop was the Bronx for a shower for 2 more pregnant friends. The owl washcloths were a big hit. We also got to meet Baby J (recipient of the pink and white striped hat and booties) and Baby N (recipient of the blue sweater) for the first time. As you can see, Owen is already into the ladies.


I had some nice knitting time in the car and am nearly finished the front of the Nothin' But a T-shirt. Pictures of a finished product soon I hope.

In case you're worried from the title that I sold my baby on eBay to fund my yarn habit, I didn't. But I did make a sale! Tomorrow I say goodbye to 10 skeins of the Tosca yarn (remember that yarn that turned out to be self-striping?) as it has found a new home. Yay! The winning bidder was very lucky in not having any competition so got a very good deal on the yarn. I'm a little annoyed at not making such a good deal. There were 3 watchers watching the yarn so I was hoping for a little last minute bidding war, but sadly all the watchers did was watch. Oh well. Still, I have plans for the money I made off the sale, but more on that later.

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ebay, bah. I've never had much luck with getting a decent price on it, either buying or selling. I'm afraid it's becoming more dominated by the pros.
LOVE the little owls. I saved your post of them, just to have the pattern link.
thnx.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, babies everywhere!

About selling on ebay - if you're not a pro, you can't have the 'tude that it's going to make you any money. You just have to think about it getting out of your stash and being glad that it's going to someone who wants it. Er, at least that's how I think of it.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at Owen flirting with the ladies! I won't show LL that picture, as she might get a little jealous. How was the trip with the little one?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Siobhlogger said...

The owl washcloths are great! It's amazing how big Owen has gotten already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home