24 August 2006

For my baby

Look what I was able to knit up in 2 days! Yes, the long-awaited sweater for Owen.
Pattern: Bulky sweater from Knitting for Two
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Chunky in a blue and brown
Needles: size 11 got the correct gauge
Mods: The pattern sizes only went up to 6-12 months so I made it a bit bigger so it would be more of a 9 to 15 month size so Owen should be able to wear it for the entire winter.

This is the same sweater I made in June for a friend's baby. I originally wanted to make two identical blue sweaters, but baby Noah's took up more than its allotted yarn. I returned to the store I got the yarn at, but they didn't have any more blue so I got brown. I really like the brown stripe and the cuffs! Luckily I didn't make the stripe one row narrower because I had maybe half an inch of blue left when I bound off the second sleeve. Phew.

Here's Owen modeling the sweater:



Too cute! And here's an action shot:

Now to put it away until winter!

5 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Nicole Sharkey said...

Awesome sweater! I wish I were that small so I could knit myself a sweater that quickly! I love my little nephew. So cute.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I love it, and it looks so good on him! That's going on my list of good baby sweaters!

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks happy to be wearing it.

Two days! You're fast!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! Like Owen is growing like a weed. He'll fit into that sweater in no time!!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

I've been out of town, and look at all the knitting! Where do we start? 1) make a fortune selling nursing bras in colors other than hospital white, 2) Little O has the loveliest smile and looks great in the sweater, 3) babies and toddlers are so weird when you line them up together. Remember the packs of them that would roam Harvard Yard with their preschool teachers? Great projects!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home