24 September 2006

No cold heads this winter!

A good friend gave birth to a little girl on Friday. I probably won't see the new mom and baby for a couple of weeks, but I am already prepared with a knitted gift (yes, Diana, I did knit something after all).
Here it is : a hat for Hattie
Yarn: I used the leftover brown Encore Chunky from the sweater for Owen and got some Encore Chunky in red for the intarsia heart.
Pattern: the basic hat pattern from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns; for the heart, I just figured out how many rows high I wanted it and sketched it out on scrap paper until I got the proportions correct
Needles: size 10.5 dpns

But then I had to do something with the skein of red so here is Owen's heart hat, but this time the heart is in relief with some purl stitches. I plan to make some mittens for him too.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hat for Hattie! And aren't you happy you knit something for her?

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jes said...

Adorable!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home