18 July 2007

Project closure and some WIPs

I had a long distance call from England on Monday. The throw arrived and my friend loves it. She said it perfectly matches her couch (I told you her favorite color was purple). I couldn't believe that it cost $18 to mail it to England. Apparently they don't do surface mail anymore and this was the cheapest airmail price. It was amusing when I had to put a value on the throw for the customs' form. I ended up just putting down $50, which was the cost of the kit. Thank goodness it made it safely though, because there is no way I'm knitting that again any time soon.

Now that the throw is done, I'm back to my other projects like the Conwy socks:
I have to say, I love the Lorna's Laces yarn, but not so much the weird color pooling. It's a shame Webs doesn't stock the solid colors at this time.

I also started another picovoli for me. My mom, the great stash enabler, was visiting last month and I saw Debbie Bliss Cathay was on closeout sale at Webs. There were 5 skeins of this orange color left so it seemed like fate that it had to be a picovoli. I love my other picovoli from last year and have been wearing it a lot this summer.

Still no apartment. :( We do have a good lead on a single family house for rent so everyone please cross your knitting needles that everything works out!

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are so pretty even with the puddling of colors and the shell is lovely. I can't wait to see you in it. I love how you described me! mom

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for usuful link to picovoli! And I love your socks! The colors are beautiful!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Cute socks, but it's official, Lorna's blows. There are so many better hand-dyed sock yarns out there. They were really unprofessional and unhelpful when I emailed them with a problem with their yarn. Try Cherry Tree Hill - it's my new fave!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sidney said...

Your shirt looks fantastic on you! Too many people shy away from color.
Lorna's base yarn is Louet Gems, which comes in solid colors; it's not hand dyed, though it is less expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home