16 August 2005

Seams okay...


Gaaah! Will the seaming never end? I just want this cardigan to be finished. At least I finished attaching the shoulders of the sleeves. That was interesting... A little fudging was necessary, but I think it all came out well in the end. The sleeve length seems right too, which is a relief since I made it longer than the pattern said to.





I've also started work on the baby blanket with the Italian Baby Irrestringibile yarn my mom got for me. The pattern I am doing is the Ann Norling Feather and Fan (right side blankets in photo). The big question is: will I be able to finish this blanket before the baby is born? I'm using size 4 needles. It is very slow going.


3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The seaming looks good so far.

It doesn't really matter if you finish the blanket before the baby is born. The baby won't know if you are using a handknit blanket or not until he/she is a bit older anyway. I'm sure the finished blanket will be beautiful!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think irrestringible means something like superwash (?), but it always sounds to me like there are bad consequences to tangling. As in, "Dude, the cat got into the yarn, and by morning, it was totally irrestringible!"

Seaming is boring, but it's good TV activity. You're doing great!

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the baby blanket! I think that you'll have plenty of time to finish it before the wee one comes home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home