28 June 2005

Cool air, happy knitting


Ahhh -- I am writing this entry with the cool air of my new air conditioner blowing on me. Seriously, I do not know why we hadn't gotten an air conditioner sooner. It's one of the best purchases I ever made.
Now that things have cooled down enough to function here at Longwool Manor, I've been working on my cardigan. The pattern is from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. The yarn is this wonderful 100% cotton Patons Leila. I picked up 15 skeins of this yarn for free from my Tuesday knitting group's yarn swap a few months ago (thanks, June!). Note its nubbly texture. This is one of the front panels. I've already completed the back. This is technically my first sweater (I did knit my husband a sweater vest a few months ago). So far the pattern seems pretty straight forward. I did lengthen it by an inch for modesty.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is looking great. I love the nubbly goodness of it all.

And, girl, I am so glad you finally got an air conditioner!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh happiness! You have a blog and wonderful pictures of your projects. I am enjoying working on my pretty shawl. I "tinked" several rows and was able to recover on my own. I'm getting the idea of increasing too. You'll be so impressed. Thanks so much for teaching me to knit!
love mom

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Mignon Her said...

That cardigan is looking good! The cool air definitely helped a lot to get your creative juices flowing. Ha! It must be a bummer knitting while the weather is as hot and humid as it can get. Anyway, it's so sweet of you to knit your husband a vest. ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home