23 July 2005

Interim project

Well, the cardigan was getting a little difficult to knit while at work (my row counting was suffering) so I switched to a project I had put on the back burner: the Eros scarf. I had stopped knitting this project after a couple of inches because I found it boring and I knew I wouldn't finish it in time for the birthday of the person I am intending it for. Plus, I had knit an identical Eros scarf for my mother last year and this past April had finally gotten around to fixing it (I had first tried to knit it in stockinette, which was a huge mistake as it curled in on itself horribly). The thought of having to knit another Eros scarf so soon did not appeal. The novelty, shall we say, of knitting with novelty yarn had worn off. However, I found this to be the perfect project to knit while at work as it was just straight garter stitch. I was nicely distracted with my knitting and the time flew by. And behold! After 4 days of knitting, the scarf was finished! I am pleased with how it came out. Even better, I now have a Christmas present all ready to go.

Work on the cardigan continues slowly as packing takes up a lot of my time while I am home. I am still working on the first sleeve, though I am almost finished. I plan to go to Windsor Button later today to purchase buttons for it.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas items already! Wah!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! Can't wait to see the buttons you pick out.

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windsor Button is totally the place to go. Just wait till you see that wall of buttons! Nice quick project to do at work is better than working on nothing at all :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home