04 August 2005

Back in business

Greetings from Northampton! Yes, the move was successful. So far it seems like we only lost one glass. This week has been utter chaos. Here's a picture of the um, Box Room (okay, okay, eventually it will be a living room).


Actually, it looks a lot better now since my wonderful parents arrived on Tuesday to help us unpack and clean. Speaking of wonderful parents, mine just returned from a vacation in Italy. Look at what my mom got for me in Florence!


The woman at the yarn store assured her it was a large enough skein for a small baby blanket. So what did we do, but leave Dave and my dad behind and rush off to Webs! I found a nice pattern and got some needles and my mom found some beautiful yarn for a scarf for herself. I am blanking on the name, but it was similar to Manos del Uruguay (in both price and beauty).

2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you made it! Love the new yarn for the baby blanket.

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name of the yarn is actually malabrigo from Uraguay so you were really close. It is an absolutely lovely shade of burgundy or I should say shades as it is kettle dyed and gorgeous.
I'm glad you like the baby wool. You should have seen me trying to communicate with the saleswoman in Florence. I found out about the shop by reading a fun knitting blog. ma2ut.blogspot.com (July 2005)
mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home