18 January 2009

Projects old and new

Ever since I finished my Christmas knitting, I've had the itch to cast on many new projects. I even have the yarn for most of them in my stash and I hear its siren call. I promised myself I could only start a new project if I finished one of my works in progress. The winner was the Backyard Leaves scarf, started January 2008. I finished half of it last Spring and then it got put aside while I did things like knit other projects and have a baby. The biggest problem I had with the pattern was that you had to repeat the main part of the pattern 11 times for one half of the scarf and then again for the other half and it was not a pattern you could memorize. Even though I could knit the pattern very quickly after a few times, it was tough mentally to start it all over again right away so I always put it down. Well, I persevered and, one year later, it is finally finished.


Pattern: Backyard Leaves by Annie Modesitt, from Scarf Style
Yarn: Valley Yarns Valley Superwash
Needles: US 8

My new project? A felted tote. I am ridiculously excited to felt for the first time.
Oh, and these socks, too. I am weak.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is so pretty on you! Thew leaf pattern is lovely.(It looks very nice with the new coat too)
Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home