09 December 2008

Socks socks socks

Today I'm sharing some Christmas knitting I've been doing. I'm pretty sure my husband, who is in Vancouver right now at a conference, is not checking my blog.

I decided to make him the Gentleman's Half Hose from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I picked up some Gems Merino in indigo at Webs a few weeks back. I've only been able to knit during the day while my husband is at work, which means only during the boys' nap times. I was able to finish one sock already. The only good thing I can think of about his being away this week is that I can work on the second sock at night after the boys go to bed.



I have to say this pattern is awesome. The Ringwood pattern is deceptively simple. I think he'll like it. I hope he likes the calf shaping, too. My plan is to make matching socks for Owen with the leftover yarn and maybe socks for Nat, too, if there is enough. I do need to get going on these because my dad, in the meantime, has commissioned me to knit 2 baby blankets for a colleague of his who is expecting twins in March. Eep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home