09 October 2008

My little pumpkin


Little Nathaniel turned 4 months old yesterday. Time is flying by. Thankfully we seem to be settling into something resembling a sleep routine now so most days I do get some knitting time in. I finished his Halloween knit the other day: the pumpkin hat. I do have a pumpkin costume I inherited from a friend, but I'm not sure if I'll force him into it on the day or not. But with the hat he'll definitely be in the Halloween spirit!

Pattern: My own though inspired by some Ravelry browsing. I did borrow someone's clever idea of putting purl stitches every 10 stitches to make the pumpkin ridged.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece from the stash for the orange and leftover Valley Yarn Superwash in green from Owen's dinosaur hat.
Needles: US 5


I have finally started by Anne of Green Gables cardigan (I think I'll just refer to it as the "Anne cardigan" from here on out) though I don't have any pictures yet. It would be awesome if I could finish it before Rhinebeck, but my husband just sort of laughed when I asked if he could take all of next week off so I could knit.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger June said...

OMG, I have almost the identical post ready for release on Halloween. What a hoot!

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys look amazingly cute in their Halloween headgear! They'll be the cutest little dinosaur and pumpkin ever.
mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home