15 November 2008

Knit for Nat

I've been feeling guilty. Since Nathaniel was born I haven't knit him anything. I had good reasons: it was the summer, other people knit him great stuff, and he had hand-me-downs from big brother Owen. Remember this jacket?

I'm happy to report it is still being used:

As we fast approach the next clothes size, I realized there would be a knitwear gap as Owen was a winter baby and it was summer when he was 6-9 months. I decided to go with the Ribbed Baby Jacket hot off my Ravelry queue. It's super cute and will be perfect this winter.
Pattern: Debbie Bliss's Ribbed Baby Jacket, size 6-9 months
Yarn: Valley Superwash in colonial blue
Needles: US 7 and 8
Thoughts: It was a fun pattern and I'm pleased with the result. The color looks great with his blue eyes. (It is mysterious to me how 2 green-eyed parents ended up with one brown-eyed child and one blue-eyed child.)


3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

The sweater looks great! So glad you liked the yarn. Your little one is adorable by the way :)

Kathy
WEBS

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger June said...

So sweet! And his eyes are just fantastically blue.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is getting so big!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home