02 November 2008

Anne sweater

The Anne of Green Gables inspired sweater is finished!

Yarn: Bartlett Yarns 2 ply in Mountain Blue, 4 skeins, purchased at NYS Sheep and Wool
Needles: US 6
Pattern: My own, inspired by a cardigan I saw Anne wearing in the Anne of Green Gables movie. I used Elizabeth Zimmermann's EPS system and instructions for a seamless raglan.
Thoughts: Love it! It's just what I was imagining. The lace detail is a nice touch. I am unhappy about that color change halfway up, which I only just noticed when photographing it. I made sure when I bought them that all my skeins were from the same dye lot. It seems less noticeable when I'm wearing it (I think).


For the first time I used Elizabeth's Zimmermann's phony seam. I like the way it looks, though I don't know if I'd do it again.
I got these cool buttons at Webs. They look a bit like Roman coins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home