25 December 2008

Merry Christmas!

This year I only knit presents for my 3 boys. I'm happy to report they were all finished on time and well received.

Pattern: I did matching socks for David and Owen. David's are the Gentleman's Half Hose in Ringwood pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Owen's are also in the Ringwood pattern, but using the basic toe-up recipe I always use so I wouldn't run out of yarn.
Yarn: Gems Super Fine Merino in Indigo
Needles: US 2 DPN
Thoughts: Good yarn, good pattern. Tragically after only a few hours of use, David's toes broke through and unraveled the toe. Sigh. I am now knitting them a few rows longer, but I think the main problem was the round toe. It isn't a good idea to have the pressure point right at the big toe. I'm doing a flat toe with a grafted end instead. I think that will be stronger. The next step will be, of course, to cut David's toes off.
I was pondering what to make for Nathaniel, but a trip to Webs solved that. I saw the Woobie hanging up on the display and bought the yarn and 2 days later I had this:

Pattern:Woobie
Yarn: Valley Superwash
Needles: US 5
Thoughts: Very fun. This is the 4th(?) project I've used with this yarn and I'm a big fan. I didn't use buttons for eyes and tools as Nathaniel is so young. Owen picked out the yellow felt that I used instead.

I think he likes it!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the two sets of feet, I love the Woobie, and I love my sister!!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger June said...

I look at the baby, and my first thought is - jailbreak! LOL.

How did you attach the felt to the doll? I am making a doll, too, and my attempt at embroidering the facial features showed that I can't embroider worth a damn.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Look at those sweet feet! I hope you guys had an excellent Christmas!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Ditto June, love the inmate in his stripey jammies. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and enjoy the new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home