10 January 2009

New Year, new project

My first completed project of the year is a hat for me. You might remember my mom did a little Christmas shopping at Rhinebeck for some Longwool yarn from Cranberry Moon Farm. I'm happy to report that after naming my blog after the Longwool sheep, I have finally knit with Longwool yarn. The yarn actually turned out to be a bit sticky, but I think that was probably the result of the dye used. The stickiness was gone after washing and the yarn has a wonderful luster. All in all, I'm quite pleased with it.

Pattern: Chunky Cabled Hat (somewhat modified to fit my gauge)
Yarn: Cranberry Moon Farm Leicester Longwool (Charles)
Needles: US 8
I'm not the only one with a new hat. Bia made this lovely hat for Nathaniel.

I've also been hard at work on the baby blankets and should have one done soon.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new hat is quite lovely. I love the pattern and the color! Not surprisingly, the baby looks adorable in his.
Cathy

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger June said...

Verra nice! Re sticky yarn - that is why I wash all yarn (not just my handspun) before knitting. Gets all the goo out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home