11 May 2008

Socks for Mom

My mom, a May baby, also gets to celebrate Mother's Day this month. Coincidently, her favorite flower and scent is May's Lily of the Valley. When Knitpicks recently offered a Susan Lawrence pattern for Lily of the Valley socks, mom dropped a few hints that she would like them. I immediately ordered the pattern and yarn. I finished them last weekend and got them in the mail in time to arrive for Mother's Day. Here are Mom's happy feet!


Pattern: Lily of the Valley Socks by Susan Lawrence, available on knitpicks.com
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare - Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight
Needles: Size 2
Thoughts: This was certainly a fiddly pattern, but well worth all the effort. For those familiar with the pattern, the 5-nupp defeated me. I didn't have the patience or dexterity. I substituted the 3-nupp for the entire sock, which worked fine.


Here are a few shots of me modeling them (don't worry Mom, I did wash them afterwards!).






2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger June said...

What a good daughter you are! :) Happy mothers day to you, too!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love my new socks! They are so beautiful! The pattern is gorgeous. Thanks for making me a mom those many years ago. You're a pretty good mom yourself!
Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home