27 December 2007

Presents!

Christmas was good. Owen got a big red barn and has barely moved from it since.


David, of course, got a handknit aran sweater.





Yarn: Times Remembered Inverness 50/50, purchased at Rhinebeck in 2006
Pattern: My own. I selected the cable patterns from The Harmony Guide to Aran and Fair Isle Knitting and I followed Elizabeth Zimmermann's EPS system.
Needles: US 4 & 6
Very handsome, huh? I'm just so happy it fits. I did have to make one post-gifting fix, which was to make the neck a bit longer. Luckily I had those tiny bits of yarn left.


I did finish the second stocking on Christmas Eve as well. Same yarn and pattern as the other one.

And here is my loot: beautiful lace yarn purchased by my mom at Rhinebeck from the Briar Rose tent. I'm very excited to knit with this. I just have to find the perfect shawl pattern for my first foray into lace knitting.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger June said...

Jen, Brava!!! The sweater looks great!

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! The sweater is bea-u-tee-ful!!
Deidre

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Wow! Your needles are flying!
The aran is gorgeous, and Dave loks very handsome in it.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Emily said...

That sweater looks great! Congratulations on finishing in time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home