23 December 2007

Last minute FO

I was feeling very guilty that I didn't have a stocking for my boy. My sister lent me a pattern for a stocking when she was here last weekend and thanks to some Cascade 220 in my stash, Owen now has a stocking!

Pattern: Mary Maxim #8399
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: size 7
Mods: None, except I didn't do the intarsia snowman and did my own color patterning.

Now, I hadn't made a stocking for Owen before because I have a stocking kit for him. The only problem is that it is a counted cross stitch kit. You see, before I was a knitter, my craft of choice was cross stitch. I did a beautiful stocking for David a few years back and, when I was pregnant with Owen, I had bought 2 more kits so we all could have matching stockings.


The problem that arose is that I just don't have the patience to cross stitch any more. In the same amount of time I could knit a stocking, for example, I probably could only cross stitch a 1 inch square with 6 color changes. Knitting is way more satisfying. Now if I can just finish a second knit stocking in the next 2 days so that I can have one too! Oh yeah, and seam that aran :)

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stocking! Just in time to fill up with candy :)

diana
bestitched.typepad..om

 

Post a Comment

<< Home