19 September 2007

New Projects

Yawn. I should be at my knitting group now, but things conspired against me tonight. I could go now for the last hour, but I'm feeling too lazy. But not too lazy to write about my newest projects!

First of all, I realized that all I had on the sticks were sweaters for Owen and David. Nothing for me. That's just wrong! I had been promising myself I could start a sweater for me that I've had the yarn for since last February (a birthday present from Mom) as soon as I finished enough projects. This is what I am knitting:

It's the Sirdar denim chunky sweater. I've been lusting after it for a while, especially after Ms. Bestitched made a similar sweater a while back. I got some Valley Yarn Berkshire Bulky in "wine" for mine. So far I just have the bottom ribbing done so it's not exciting enough to photograph. I'm doing a huge modification of the pattern though: I'm doing it in the round (Annie, are you proud of me?).

If that wasn't enough to keep me busy, I cast on for an Elizabeth Zimmermann Tomten for Owen. This isn't just jacket, as it will double as a Halloween costume. I'm thinking just add ears and a tail and you have a black cat, right?

With any luck I'll make enough progress on these projects to have something worthy of a photograph soon.

6 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Annie in the Round said...

Jen,
I am proud and can't wait to see it. The way things have been happening lately I probably won't see you until it is finished.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new sweater project. It's definitely time to treat yourself!

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sweater! I've missed you at knitting group, I won't be there this week myself. Maybe the next time I see you, this sweater will be finished.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Nice pattern! I am such a latecomer to EZ - I really should pick up her books.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jes said...

you so deserve a sweater. I like this one a lot. looks like good mindless knitting with all that stockinette. Blessing and a curse, right? =)

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is beautiful, good choice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home