10 September 2007

Italy and Wales Hybrid

What happens when you mix Tuscany yarn with Nancy Bush's Conwy pattern?

Nice, huh?
Pattern: Conwy by Nancy Bush in Knitting on the Road
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Tuscany (though when I think of Tuscany it's more orange and green)
Needles: Size 1 and 2 DPNS
The pattern only called for size 1 needles, but my feet are kind of on the wide side so I discovered after finishing the first one that I could use more room. For the second sock, I switched to size 2 at the foot. Perfect. Yes, I did go back to the first, ripped out the foot, and redid it.
Thoughts: Great pattern. Like I said before, I love the yarn and the color, but not the pooling. I would use Lorna's Laces again, but only in a solid color.


5 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Annie in the Round said...

Jen,
Your socks are awesome! I agree with the solid color choice for next time. I like to have control over my color work and pooling drives me crazy.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jes said...

I love them. I agree about the color bit tho, I think orange and green as well.
I agree, mostly, if you're doing a plain pattern, sometimes the color changes are the only thing that keeps me awake, but if there's a nice pattern, I like mostly solids for sure!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, Jen!

I made some progress on my husband Aran - have a post prepared to release later this week - thanks for your nudge! :)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love my Conwy's in Lorna's Laces, and yours are gorgeous.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lovely!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home