14 January 2008

Fun knits

The first finished project of the year are a pair of baby booties. These are for a friend's baby who was born on January 1. I haven't met the little guy yet, but I'm ready with a wee gift for when I do.
Pattern: Stay on Baby Booties in Falick and Nicholas's Knitting for Baby
Yarn: Valley Yarn Longmeadow
Needles: US 3


I've also started a pair of Anastasia socks for me. I'm using the Trekking XXL yarn I got for my birthday last year. I'd like to have them done in time for my birthday this year (2/7).
Another friend is having a baby boy this month. This is the friend who had the connections that allowed us to get our apartment after the huge struggle last summer so a special project was in order. I decided it was time to knit my first Baby Surprise Jacket. As you can see, I've finished the knitting, but haven't sewn the shoulder seams or added buttons yet as I'm having too much fun folding and unfolding this jacket. It's so cool how it works. The baby isn't born yet so I figure I have some more time to play with it before finishing.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Excellent choices pairing yarns/colors/patterns! That is a very subtle and handsome baby surprise jacket, and I love the horizontal striping on the sock with the diagonal openwork.

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great knits! The colors in the sock are wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home