03 January 2008

Another sweater

I feel like such a show off to report another finished sweater in just a week, but I must confess that this sweater has been 90% completed for a while, but I had to put it aside and concentrate solely on the aran in order to get it done for Christmas.

Here is the Sirdar Denim Chunky Sweater:

Pattern: Sirdar #8459 Denim Chunky Sweater
Yarn: Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky, 8 balls
Needles: US 9 and 10.5
Mods: I modified the pattern to do it in the round. Let me tell you, after seaming the aran, having no seams to do on this sweater was a relief. I also added waist shaping.
Thoughts: It came out a bit longer than I would have liked, but it is a very warm sweater and I was very grateful for it warmth and length today as I ventured out in the freezing freezing cold to get food for my family and some yarn for me (the necessities of life, right?).


Here are pictures of me modeling it. Can you tell that I've also been working on a secret project?


Yes, I am pregnant again. Baby number 2 will be born in June.

9 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is lovely. I love the collar. It's very stylish!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger June said...

Congrats on *both* projects! :D

The sweater reminds me of Diana's Phildar sweater - http://bestitched.typepad.com/bestitched/2005/11/phildar_sweater.html

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Bebeh #2 - so exciting!!! David and Owen must be thrilled :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations! (and the sweater looks great too).

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! THat is wonderful, happy news!
And the sweater looks great!
Hope to see you soon.
Deidre

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Siobhlogger said...

That's great news! Congrats to your little family! And so productive on the sweater front...wow - great results!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Another baby for the Longwool family. And I love that sweater!

diana
bestitched.typepad.com

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jes said...

Congrats! Owen is so cute, I'm sure baby 2 will be adorable.

I love the red. Great color!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on a new baby on the way! And the sweater looks great on you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home